Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Winter 2010

We have had a busy winter! Shelly's wedding was this past weekend in Charleston. The weather was beautiful and we all had a great time. I did not have my camera at the reception, but will post more pictures as soon as I get them. The Bridal Luncheon was at High Cotton and was delicious! Below is a picture of three of my aunts, the bride, my grandmother, and me.


My grandmother, cousin, mother, aunt, and me.



Frank and I LOVE Jimmy Buffett and went to his concert in Feb. The Wrens went with us and we had an awesome time!

Mandy and me at Yo Burrito before the show.

Michael and Mandy



We cannot wait for him to come back to Columbia!!!


HUGH
Hugh has had a time with his ears this winter. He has had many ear infections and at his 15 mo well check one week ago today our doctor went ahead and referred him to the ear doctor. The ear doctor was able to fit us in yesterday, and when Dr. Giles saw how bad his ears still were after just finishing medicine, he decided to go ahead and do the surgery for tubes this Thursday. This will be the 4th set of tubes for the Manning children. Hopefully Hugh will start to feel MUCH better soon!
BESS
Bess is loving Kindergarten! She really enjoys math and arts and crafts. She is starting to enjoy writing more...Tonight she wrote a letter and sounded out all of the words herself. I am proud of her hard work. A few months ago, she would not write a thing unless I spelled it for her. She has come along way! Her reading has taken off, too! She is excited and ready to be at her big girl school (in first grade) next year! Bess takes a cheerleading after school class and loves it! She also started taking tennis lessons last month and really is having fun with that, too. Her dance recital is coming up in May and she has been practicing her ballet. She is one busy little girl.
FRANK
Frank loves school just as much as Bess. Getting him out the door in the morning, however, can be quite the challenge. He is extremely particular about his clothes and he will "fall apart" over the smallest detail...i.e. his shirt not staying tucked in. He wants to dress just like his dad and tries to match with him everyday. The teachers at the preschool think it is so cute when Frank brings him to school and they are twins. Frank is playing soccer this spring. His first practice was Sun. and he loved it. When he is not wearing his khakis and a golf shirt (w/ an undershirt under it, of course), he lives in his soccer uniform. He wears Bess's old pink and black cleats (which are basically brand new since her soccer career was very short) and does not seem to mind a bit. We'll get him some of his own soon but everyday that I start to take the children to the sporting good store, I stop and realize that would be a nightmare. Bess would be asking for something the whole time, Frank would want to touch and try on every shoe in the place and Hugh would be screaming to get out of his stroller and if I let him down he would take off...So that is why Frank has pink shoes!
HUGH again
Hugh is a BIG boy! He weighed 27 lbs. last week at his 15 mo check up. Besides his ears, he is doing great! He loves all food, enjoys playing with his "ride" and "push" toys, and loves his brother and sister! He has a stuffed animal we call his best friend that he takes everywhere.
He is a great sleeper and goes down pretty early for me, which is great!
MAMA
I have been busy keeping up with several coupon websites, http://www.southernsavers.com/ and http://www.hip2save.com/. I started looking at southernsavers last summer and right away, I was hooked. I have taken 2 coupon workshops and love it! It prob. sounds a little strange, but it's awesome! It's almost like a game. It is amazing how much money I save at the grocery and drug stores. I will post more about this later...and show you some of the deals!
That's about all we have been up to! We are ready for spring!!!




No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker